Thursday, August 12, 2010

Tasty and Healthy High Protein Fudge Balls


These delicious, well-balanced snacks are a breeze to make, and they store well refrigerated so you can make them last.

They're great for a meal replacement, for a dessert-like treat, or for quick pre/post workout nutrition.

They are far better for you than 80% of the JUNK out there…including the commercial brands of "fitness fast foods."

I love these high protein balls! They're a staple in my personal nutrition program because they're easy to prepare, everything is natural (as long as you choose an appropriate, quality protein powder! Comment below if you want to know the truth about what to look for in a supplement company and my 2 favorite ones that I do all my shopping with) and the key part is that they taste AWESOME! (Come on, let's keep it real…flavor is a pivotal factor for all of us!)

Make up a batch today and you'll be thanking me by the end of the day!


 

Ingredients:

  • 8 scoops chocolate protein powder
  • 1 cup oatmeal
  • Cup natural peanut butter (I use Jif's or Skippy's Smooth version)
  • 3 TBSP honey
  • ½ cup skim milk
  • 3 TBSP crushed nuts (I use walnuts, but peanuts/other nuts are acceptable)

 

Directions: 

1. Mix together the protein powder, oatmeal, peanut butter, honey and milk.   

2. Form into spoon-wide balls. I simply roll it in my hand to make 1-2" wide spheres (size will determine total quantity and the nutritional facts for each). Makes about 24 servings of 1" wide balls.

3. Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes.

4. Serve and store the rest in the refrigerator in an air-tight plastic container.

5. Enjoy!

Nutritional Facts:
(1 serving ~ 1 ball)
130 calories
11g protein
 8g carbohydrates
6.5g fat



 
What do you think of this recipe? Will you try to make it today, or at least some time this week?

Leave a comment below, and if I get at least 25 responses I will be back in the next couple of days to post another awesomely easy and delicious recipe!!!

3 comments:

JOG said...

Hey Chad, I have GNC 100% chocolate whey protein. Would it work for this recipe?
Also, looking forward to try the workout you posted earlier.

True Way Fitness said...

Yes, the GNC version will work. There are a couple brands that I recommend over any others, but I will get to that in the next few posts. For now that will work just fine and have at it with this recipe. I'm hungry just thinking about it! Enjoy...

Crusty said...

So quit teasing us...which are your 2 favorite brands?