Monday, August 23, 2010

Simplest Way to Get Protein in Breakfast with Oatmeal

If you are like me, ALL meals are on the go...but breakfast tends to be the one I'm most rushed for.

Either I have very early clients (5, 6 or 7am) or I am rushing to do my personal workout (which I typically do in the early morning so the day doesn't squeeze it out).

So recently I discovered a way to simplify things and kill two birds with one stone.

Nothing amazingly clever, and likely discovered by many before me, but no one taught me this trick previously so I thought I'd share it with each of you.

Just mix your morning oatmeal (1/2 cup) with 1/2-1 cup of milk (I'm a skim guy) AND your scoop of protein powder (I prefer chocolate, but you can choose whatever flavors you want). 

Toss it in the microwave for 90-120 seconds and poof:  you've got your complex carbs and protein breakfast meal all ready to go!

Scarf it down (or enjoy it at your leisure:), and you just took care of the first meal of the day.

By the time you get to work or your workout, you will already be reaping the benefits of some quality potential energy and you should feel ready to go.

I love it and I especially love that it's ultra quick!

See if that works for you, and if you have any other ideas, questions or comments, go ahead and drop me a message below.

Hope that helps and remember...keep training!

Sincerely in Fitness,

Chad R. Johnson
truewayfitness@gmail.com
chad@truewayfitness.com

PS- I have a big announcement coming out tomorrow, so be on the look out for that post in the AM!

Check out my exercise demo videos on YouTube as well:  http://www.youtube.com/user/truewayfitness

No comments: